Friday 16 April 2010

Flame Television Productions

The purpose of this blog is the give the readers an insight into the television industry. In my entries I will be letting you know what productions I am working on and what I've learnt. As a lot of my time is spent in development I can't always explain what I'm doing (don't want anyone stealing our ideas), but I will try my hardest to give you, the reader, a detailed insight into the world of TV.
On the 4th of January 2010 I joined Flame Television Productions. Within my time here I have had the opportunity to work on BBC daytime productions such as Don't Get Done Get Dom series 4 and I am currently working on another which I can't go into detail about just yet. I started my time working in development and coming up with ideas to pitch to channels such as BBC, ITV and Channel 5.
When working in development I think the most important thing to remember is to be fearless, if you think your idea is lacking in imagination or focus don't worry, the whole point of being part of a team is to bounce ideas off each other. At my first brainstorm meeting I went in with an idea all worked out but by the time I left we had refocused it in a different direction but it turned out much better than I ever could have thought so be open to change and speak your mind.
I have to cut this blog short as I am getting the office ready for the new production starting on Monday. Exciting!
Hope you enjoyed my first blog, more to come from the rest of the Cascade trainees (don't worry they write better than I do) in the coming weeks.
Bye for now

1 comment:

  1. The world of television is a facinating yet challenging beast. It's unlike any other industry I have worked in, but what an exciting experience it has been. Currently I am working for Endemol producers of Big Brother and Deal or No Deal to name but a few. In fact, Big Brother is the show that I have been assigned to, and with it being the final show to air on Channel 4 this summer, the buzz surrounding the production has been amazing. Obviously I can't say too much, but this summers show aims to go out with a bang. In terms of what I have been doing, where do I start? On the 4th of January this year I commenced my placement with Endemol and almost straight away I was travelling the country for the Big Brother auditions tour. Setting up diary rooms and filming the auditions was so much fun, but very hard work. Long days and little sleep made me realise how much it takes to make television for the masses. Once the tour had finished, the real work began. Digitizing footage shot on tour gave me great experience and tought me new skills in terms of editing.

    At the moment the team and I are preparing for the move up to the Big Brother house in Elstree as it won't be long before the show airs in the summer. The final pool of contributers are nearly ready with some being the most outrageous and dynamic people I have met. It promises to be a quite interesting summer and to be worki9ng on the show over the next few months is something I am really looking forward to. Its going to be a long old summer, but should promise to be an exciting one.

    Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete