Wednesday 14 July 2010

A blog post from Annabell


I can not believe 6 months has passed by so quickly..I can still remember going for the Cascade interview and nervously waiting to hear back if I had been successful, I am so grateful that I was. Today after 6 months of invaluable training and industry experience within an independent production company, I could not be more confident that working in television is where I want to be!

At the start of the course It all seemed like things were going to be intense and they have been but with each new challenge or training session came new goals and achievements. From research skills where expert guidance was given in assessing a contributor, telephone interviewing to the editing course where we got to grips with final cut pro, the course has made me more competent within my role of a researcher. My favourite session was the camera training as not only was the hands on experience of getting to know the camera good but getting to ask questions, physically using the equipment to film and having the freedom to be creative with what we filmed, put into reality for me that I can fulfil my ambition to be a director one day!

However I am aware that to reach that stage is not going to be easy but it will be worth the effort and determination. I know this because over the last 6 months I have been pushed by the course and within my company to gain new skills and enhance existing ones. I find myself watching programmes in a new way, far more analytical than ever before! I carry a book with me everywhere I go to write ideas down for possible formats. I ask my friends and family what their watching to understand different demographics. I know the industry is not easy but the course has given me the extra drive to reach my goal. I could not thank everyone on the course that has made it run so smoothly and given us the opportunity to meet industry professionals enough. I will always remember Cascade as a pinnacle part of my career, it may be coming to the end of the 6 months of the course but the contacts I have made with the other people on the course, I hope will remain friends for the future. Who knows we may even be working together, which is something I look forward to as I know and trust that anyone who goes through the course will have the skills it takes to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment