Wednesday 28 July 2010

Freelance Session at Channel 4

A few Fridays ago we all spent the afternoon at Channel 4 asking questions and getting advice from some of the industries finest! The session was set up to help us with the next part of our training, becoming freelancers :-) Over the past six months we have learnt skills like researching, archiving, filming and much more but another important skill to learn to how to stay afloat when the work stops and how to network with the people you have met over the six months with Cascade.

We were each set up with two interviews and given 10-15 minutes to make an impression and get some words of wisdom! I met with Michelle Matherson and Alison Foster, they looked over my CV and gave me some pointers as to what I should mention. They asked me about my experience, my background and what TV shows I watched (I left out Big Brother), just these three questions took up the whole time but we were able to chat about that area of TV I should work in and my next step.

Luckily I am staying with Flame Television (yipppeeee) for the next 6 months, during that time I will be able to build up more experience on production and with the contacts I made on Friday I will be sending out emails again in December but in the meantime I will continue to work hard and enjoy everything Flame throws at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment